"Lyrically and passionately written by one of comics' modern masters, Mercy resonates with heart and humanity in this haunting yet life-affirming tale. A small gem of wisdom and wonder by J. M. DeMatteis, with beautiful, panoramic art by Paul Johnson." -- Karen Berger, Vertigo founding editor
Glorious art and a mesmerizing narrative by an Eisner Award-winning legend combine to form this spellbinding graphic novel. To observers, a 54-year-old stroke victim lies silent and immobile. But in his mind, he drifts through time and space to witness a god-like figure's transformative influence on people haunted by hatred and despair: an unhappy family in London, a terrified Indian boy in a South American jungle, and a lonely old woman in Brooklyn.
Exclusive Bonus Material:
- About Mercy: Shake The World -- A Conversation Between Writer J. M. DeMatteis and Artist Paul Johnson
- New Afterword by original editor Art Young
- Excerpts from the Outline: Includes DeMatteis's preliminary plot
- Page Layouts: Original sketches & more
- Production Art: "About the Art" by Johnson, cover concepts, promo illustrations