Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely PlanetSouthern Africa is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Clamber up the world's oldest sand dunes in Sossusvlei, step back in time on Mozambique Island, or enjoy world-class wildlife-watching in Etosha National Park -all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Southern Africaand begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Southern Africa Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlightsand itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential infoat your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, cuisine, environment, wildlife, music, religion, literature, visual arts
- Over 115 maps
- Covers Malawi, Zambia, South Africa, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Namibia, Lesotho, Swazilandand more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Southern Africa, our most comprehensive guide to Southern Africa, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for a guide focused on South Africa or Zambia, Mozambique and Malawi? Check out Lonely PlanetSouth Africa guide, and Zambia, Mozambique & Malawi guide for a comprehensive look at all these countries have to offer.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet Africa guide for a comprehensive look at all the region has to offer.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves. The world awaits!
Lonely Planet guides have won the TripAdvisor Traveler's Choice Award in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016.
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves, it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times