For a limited time, receive a free Fodor's Guide to Safe and Healthy Travel e-book with the purchase of this guidebook! Go to fodors.com for details.
Whether you want to eat and drink, see the Liberty Bell, or visit the Philadelphia's best museums, the local Fodor's travel experts in Philadelphia are here to help! Fodor's Philadelphia guidebook is packed with maps, carefully curated recommendations, and everything else you need to simplify your trip-planning process and make the most of your time.
This new edition has been fully-redesigned with an easy-to-read layout, fresh information, and beautiful color photos.
Fodor's Philadelphia includes:
- AN ILLUSTRATED ULTIMATE EXPERIENCES GUIDE to the top things to see and do
- MULTIPLE ITINERARIES to effectively organize your days and maximize your time
- MORE THAN 15 DETAILED MAPS to help you navigate confidently
- COLOR PHOTOS throughout to spark your wanderlust!
- UP-TO-DATE and HONEST RECOMMENDATIONS for the best sights, restaurants, hotels, nightlife, shopping, performing arts, activities, side-trips, and more
- PHOTO-FILLED "BEST OF" FEATURES on "Philadelphia's Best Museums," "Philadelphia's Best Historic Sights," and "Best Under the Radar Sights and Experiences"
- TRIP-PLANNING TOOLS AND PRACTICAL TIPS including when to go, getting around, beating the crowds, and saving time and money
- THE BEST SIDE-TRIPS: Coverage of the Brandywine Valley, Bucks County, Lancaster County, Hershey Park, Gettysburg, LEGOLAND Discovery Center in Plymouth Meeting
- HISTORICAL AND CULTURAL INSIGHTS providing rich context on the local people, politics, art, architecture, cuisine, music, geography and more
- LOCAL WRITERS to help you find the under-the-radar gems
- COVERS: Liberty Bell, Congress Hall, City Hall, Avenue of the Arts, Boathouse Row, the Philadelphia Zoo, Sesame Place, Rittenhouse Square, the Barnes Foundation, the Franklin Institute, Philadelphia Museum of Art, Reading Terminal Market, Independence Hall, National Constitution Center, African American Museum, Valley Forge, and more.
Planning on visiting our nation's capital? Check out Fodor's Washington D.C.
ABOUT FODOR'S AUTHORS: Each Fodor's Travel Guide is researched and written by local experts. Fodor's has been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years. For more travel inspiration, you can sign up for our travel newsletter at fodors.com/newsletter/signup, or follow us @FodorsTravel on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. We invite you to join our friendly community of travel experts at fodors.com/community to ask any other questions and share your experience with us!
*Important note for digital editions: The digital edition of this guide does not contain all the images or text included in the physical edition.