The CDL Study Master Skills Guide is an up-to-date informative and fully illustrated guide that provides all the in-depth information and support you need to aid your success in advancing from learner to pass certificate, enhance your employment opportunities and work successfully in the industry. This book is written by a class 1/AZ driver with 24 years' experience in collaboration with a class 1/AZ trainer for the sole purpose of helping new drivers and returning drivers confidently and safely into work. Readers will find this comprehensive handbook invaluable, informative and user friendly.
Whether you are just starting out in your career, or a returning veteran of the open road, you will find everything you need within these 20 chapters to support your next steps, including:
- In-depth comprehensive advice and guidance on how to pass the 'CDL Knowledge Test' and the 'Practical On-Road Driver's Test'.
- An overview of the technology you will be expected to use day-to-day.
- A clear uncomplicated review of all the rules and regulations that you are expected to abide by.
- Users guide to operating different types of trucks; hook loaders, dump trucks, skips, grabs, cranes etc.
- Users guide to operating various types of trailers; reefers, curtain siders, low boys, car transporters etc.
- Step by step instructions for; loading equipment, safe loading, load securing (strapping and chaining), tarping etc.
- Advice on road safety, fatigue and much more.