A delightful tale inspired by the true story of a brave goat war hero. Perfect for fans of Finding Winnie and Rescue and Jessica.
During World War I, a goat named Billy was adopted by a platoon of soldiers and made his way across the ocean to be part of the war effort.
Billy . . .
- Trained with the soldiers
- Was smuggled across the ocean
- Got snuck into the frontlines in a box of oranges
- Ate some secret documents and was arrested for treason
- Got trench foot
- Head-butted soldiers into a trench and saved them from a shell
- Came back home a decorated war hero
This charming true story follows Sergeant Billy from his small prairie town to the trenches of World War I and back, through harrowing moments, sad moments, moments of camaraderie and moments of celebration. This unforgettable goat and the platoon that loved him will capture your heart!