Miniature Moss Gardens presents expert advice and techniques from Japan, the birthplace of miniature gardening.
In Japan, moss is revered for its sublime colors and textures, inspiring gardeners and non-gardeners alike. Moss can be found everywhere--in your garden, in crevices between stones, and in cracks in the city concrete. In the tiny world of terrariums, container gardens, dish gardens and kokedama
(moss ball gardens), moss is a magic carpet that turns a diminutive plot of soil into a self-contained living world. You'll learn about:
Miniature Moss Gardens
- Finding and collecting moss
- Choosing soils and containers
- Designing your garden for visual effect
- Choosing the best plants for your mini garden
- Making a perfect kokedama moss ball garden
- Enhancing your moss garden with rocks and other design elements
- Designing a gorgeous terrarium
- And much more!
offers expert advice and techniques from the birthplace of miniature gardening. One of the only books in print to focus on moss and miniature gardens, it is friendly enough for total beginners and full of ideas and tips for experienced gardeners.