Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet's Washington DCis your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Climb the steps of the Lincoln Memorial to feel the grand sweep of history; explore space, dinosaurs, art and the history of the nation in the Smithsonian museums; and grab a half-smoke at legendary Ben's Chili Bowl. All with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Washington DC and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Washington DC:
- Full colour maps and images throughout
- Highlightsand itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential infoat your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience - covering history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politics
- Covers National Mall, White House Area, Foggy Bottom, Georgetown, Capitol Hill, Southeast DC, Downtown, Penn Quarter, Dupont Circle, Kalorama, Adams Morgan, U Street, Columbia Heights, Upper Northwest DC, Northern Virginia
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Washington DC is our most comprehensive guide to Washington DC, and is perfect for discovering both popular and offbeat experiences.
Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's USA for an in-depth look at all the country has to offer.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world's number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveler since 1973. Over the past four decades, we've printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travelers. You'll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, nine international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more.
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves, it's in every traveler's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)