#1 best-selling guide to Beijing*
Lonely PlanetBeijingis your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Scale the Great Wall, sip a cocktail in an historic alleyway, or go ice skating with the locals in Houhai; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Beijing and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely PlanetBeijing Travel Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlightsand itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential infoat your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, hutong, architecture, religion, literature, visual arts, music, cinema, Peking Opera, festivals, cuisine, shopping
- Free, convenient pull-outBeijing map (included in print version), plus 30 colour maps
- Covers Chaoyang, the Forbidden City, Xicheng, Dongcheng, Sanlitun, Beihai Park, Wudaokou, Haidian, Dashilar, the Temple of Heaven and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Beijing, our most comprehensive guide to Beijing, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for just the highlights of Beijing? Check out Pocket Beijing, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely PlanetChinaguide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves. The world awaits!
Lonely Planet guides have won the TripAdvisor Traveler's Choice Award in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016.
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves, it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
*Best-selling guide to Beijing. Source: Nielsen BookScan. Australia, UK and USA