Explore the many paths of yoga.
Yoga has been a living tradition of spiritual teaching for five thousand years. Here, readers will discover the wisdom of the millennia--and learn to live yoga
This book contains the best of Yoga Journal
the most outstanding interviews, essays, illustrations, and photographs. It offers the promise of hatha yoga exercise for health, and the yoga approach to diet and nutrition. It teaches meditation as an antidote to stress and a path to mindfulness. It explores the yoga of love and devotion in relationships; karma yoga, the path of work; and tantra yoga, the path of ritual, creativity, and sexuality.
The authoritative contributors and wide-ranging topics here include:
- Ram Dass on life as service
- Joan Borysenko on the healing power of love
- Larry Dossey on illusions about the body
- Judith Lasater on asanas
, or hatha yoga postures
- Thich Nhat Hanh on the nature of suffering
- Ken Wilber on the role of meditation
- Frances Vaughan on the common ground between psychotherapy and spirituality
- Daniel Coleman on early-warning signs for detecting spiritual abuse
- John Welwood on spiritual relationships
- Georg Feuerstein on sacred sexuality
- Jacob Needleman on money and the path
- Joanna Macy on caring for the earth
Also richly illustrated, Living Yoga
celebrates a fresh vision of life for spiritual seekers. Beginners will find an accessible, far-reaching overview of the topic; advanced practitioners will be reminded once again of the value and promise of yoga.