Insight Guides Explore Florence
Travel made easy. Ask local experts.
Focused travel guide featuring the very best routes and itineraries, now with free eBook.
Discover the best of Florence with this unique travel guide, packed full of insider information and stunning images. From making sure you don't miss out on must-see, top attractions like the Uffizi, Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore and Piazza del Duomo, to discovering cultural gems, including the authentic food stalls and cafes at the Mercato Centrale, a tour of Medici Florence and the superb hilltop village of San Gimignano, the easy-to-follow, ready-made walking routes will save you time, and help you plan and enhance your visit to Florence.
Features of this travel guide to Florence
- 15 walks and tours detailed itineraries feature all the best places to visit, including where to eat and drink along the way
- Local highlights discover the area's top attractions and unique sights, and be inspired by stunning imagery
- Historical and cultural insights immerse yourself in Florence's rich history and culture, and learn all about its people, art and traditions
- Insider recommendations discover the best hotels, restaurants and nightlife using our comprehensive listings
- Practical full-colour map with every major sight and listing highlighted, the full-colour maps make on-the-ground navigation easy
- Key tips and essential information packed full of important travel information, from transport and tipping to etiquette and hours of operation
- The ultimate travel tool download the free app and eBook to access all this and more from your phone or tablet
- Covers Piazza del Duomo; Orsanmichele to the Ponte Vecchio; The Uffizi; The Bargello and Santa Croce; Santa Maria Novella to San Marco; The Accademia to the Museo Archeologico; Around Piazza Della Repubblica; Oltrarno; The Pitti Palace and Boboli Garden; San Miniato Al Monte; Fiesole; Medici Villas; San Gimignano; Siena; Pisa
Looking for a comprehensive guide to Italy? Check out Insight Guides Italy for a detailed and entertaining look at all the country has to offer.
About Insight Guides: Insight Guides is a pioneer of full-colour guide books, with almost 50 years' experience of publishing high-quality, visual travel guides with user-friendly, modern design. We produce around 400 full-colour print guide books and maps as well as phrase books, picture-packed eBooks and apps to meet different travellers' needs. Insight Guides' unique combination of beautiful travel photography and focus on history and culture create a unique visual reference and planning tool to inspire your next adventure.