A key role for primary school leaders is to develop strategies for promoting and ensuring high quality learning. This practical and accessible handbook has been written by an experienced primary leader, and will offer anyone seeking guidance on creating or maintaining a more effective primary school with a valuable and friendly resource.
Extensive coverage in this book includes:
* using organisation and leadership to create a positive ethos
* developing good relationships and creating teams
* managing the curriculum and raising pupil achievement
* the role of targets and planning in raising achievement
* fostering successful teaching and good classroom management and relationships
* working with the inspection process
* performance management
* dealing effectively with stress and time management.
Launching the new Kogan Page Primary Essentials series, this book will be welcomed by any primary leader who is seeking to develop their pupil's and their school's strengths and expectations.