The Second Edition of this best selling textbook continues to offer a simple, systematic, step-by-step guide to doing applied psychology.
Using the authors′ own PATH model, the text presents a new methodology for applying primarily social psychological theory to a wide range of social problems.
With real-world case studies, end-of-chapter exercises and interviews with leading social psychologists, Applying Social Psychology guides students to define a problem, conduct a theory-based analysis, develop an explanatory model, set up and execute a research project to test the model, and develop an intervention.
Written in the same engaging and accessible way, this Second Edition offers:
- A new appendix with examples of PATH model applications
- An extended glossary
- Case studies from organizational, health, and environmental psychology
- Recent applied social psychology research
- More focus on applied evolutionary psychology
- Social network analysis and social media as research tools.
This is a highly practical text, which can be used by introductory and advanced level students who want to learn how to analyze practical problems and develop solutions based upon social psychological theory and research.