1. Elizabeth Moon is a New York Times best-selling author.
2. This voulme combines the third and fourth in her popular Serrano/Suiza space adventure series.
3. Advertising in Locus, Romantic Times
4. Simultaneous hardcover and trade paperback editions
5. Co-op available. Two Full-Length Novels of Space Adventure: Once a Hero:
Esmay Suiza wasn't a member of a great Navy family like the Serranos. She'd had to make her way on grit alone, which meant it wasn't likely she'd make admiral, but all she wanted was to be part of the Fleet. But then she ended up a raging space battle, and was the only one who could stop a superior office turned traitor. She had never wanted to be a hero, but fate had other ideas. . . . Rules of Engagement:
Brun Meager is a young woman from a rich and powerful family, which had a lot to do with why Esmay Suiza didn't get along with her, not to mention both having an amorous interest in Barin Serrano. When Brun was abducted by a repressive religious militia movement that makes the 21st century Taliban look like a bunch of Unitarians, Esmay was suspected of having connived in the capture to eliminate a rival. To clear herself, it looked like Esmay would have to locate and rescue Brun. Time to be a hero again. . . .