Insight Guides Explore Tokyo
Travel made easy. Ask local experts.
Focused travel guide featuring the very best routes and itineraries, now with free eBook.
Get Olympic ready with this innovative guide to Tokyo that features over 16 ready-made walking routes. With a free eBook and pull-out map, it's the perfect tool for travellers wishing to explore Tokyo on foot during their 2020 Olympic adventure.
Discover the best of Tokyo with this unique travel guide, packed full of insider information and stunning images. From making sure you don't miss out on must-see, top attractions like the Imperial Palace, Ginza District and Senso-ji, to discovering cultural gems, including the peaceful grounds of Meiji-jingu, the unmissable Toyosu Fish Market and a fascinating trip to the Edo-Tokyo Museum, the easy-to-follow, ready-made walking routes will save you time, and help you plan and enhance your visit to Tokyo.
Features of this travel guide to Tokyo
- 16 walks and tours detailed itineraries feature all the best places to visit, including where to eat and drink along the way
- Local highlights discover the area's top attractions and unique sights, and be inspired by stunning imagery
- Historical and cultural insights immerse yourself in Tokyo's rich history and culture, and learn all about its people, art and traditions
- Insider recommendations discover the best hotels, restaurants and nightlife using our comprehensive listings
- Practical full-colour map with every major sight and listing highlighted, the full-colour maps make on-the-ground navigation easy
- Key tips and essential information packed full of important travel information, from transport and tipping to etiquette and hours of operation
- The ultimate travel tool download the free app and eBook to access all this and more from your phone or tablet
- Covers The Imperial Palace and around; Marunouchi and Ginza; Rappongi and Akasaka; Aoyama and Harajuku; Shibuya and Ebisu; Shinjuku; Yanaka and Ueno; Ikebukuro and Mejirodai; Asakusa; Fukagawa and Ryogoku; Tsukudajima and Toyosu; Odaiba; Kawagoe; Kamakura and Enoshima; Hakone; Nikko
Looking for a comprehensive guide to Japan? Check out Insight Guides Japan for a detailed and entertaining look at all the country has to offer.
About Insight Guides: Insight Guides is a pioneer of full-colour guide books, with almost 50 years' experience of publishing high-quality, visual travel guides with user-friendly, modern design. We produce around 400 full-colour print guide books and maps as well as phrase books, picture-packed eBooks and apps to meet different travellers' needs. Insight Guides' unique combination of beautiful travel photography and focus on history and culture create a unique visual reference and planning tool to inspire your next adventure.