For a limited time, receive a free Fodor's Guide to Safe and Healthy Travel e-book with the purchase of this guidebook! Go to fodors.com for details.
Whether you want to take a helicopter tour over the Napali Coast, hike through Waimea Canyon, or relax on Poipu Beach, the local Fodor's travel experts in Kauai are here to help! Fodor's Kauai guidebook is packed with maps, carefully curated recommendations, and everything else you need to simplify your trip-planning process and make the most of your time. This new edition travel guide has been fully-redesigned with an easy-to-read layout, fresh information, and beautiful color photos.
Fodor's Kauai travel guide includes:
- AN ILLUSTRATED ULTIMATE EXPERIENCES GUIDE to the top things to see and do
- MULTIPLE ITINERARIES to effectively organize your days and maximize your time
- DETAILED MAPS to help you navigate confidently
- COLOR PHOTOS throughout to spark your wanderlust!
- HONEST RECOMMENDATIONS FROM LOCALS on the best sights, restaurants, hotels, nightlife, shopping, beaches, activities, and more
- PHOTO-FILLED "BEST OF" FEATURES on "Kauai's Best Beaches," "Kauai's Natural Wonders," and more
- TRIP-PLANNING TOOLS AND PRACTICAL TIPS including when to go, getting around, beating the crowds, and saving time and money
- HISTORICAL AND CULTURAL INSIGHTS providing rich context on the local people, cuisine, history, geography and more
- SPECIAL FEATURES on "Hawaii Flora & Fauna 101," "What to Watch and Read Before You Visit," and "What to Eat and Drink"
- LOCAL WRITERS to help you find the under-the-radar gems
- HAWAIIAN VOCABULARY with useful words and essential phrases
- UP-TO-DATE COVERAGE ON: The Napali Coast, Hanalei Bay, the Waimea Canyon, Lihue, Kapaa, Wailua, Poipu Beach, Kee Beach, Koloa, the Kalalau Trail, the Menehune, Hawaiian resorts, snorkeling in Hawaii, helicopter tours, and more
Planning on visiting the rest of Hawaii? Check out Fodor's Essential Hawaii, Fodor's Maui, and Fodor's Oahu.
*Important note for digital editions: The digital edition of this guide does not contain all the images or text included in the physical edition.
ABOUT FODOR'S AUTHORS Each Fodor's Travel Guide is researched and written by local experts. Fodor's has been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years. For more travel inspiration, you can sign up for our travel newsletter at fodors.com/newsletter/signup, or follow us @FodorsTravel on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. We invite you to join our friendly community of travel experts at fodors.com/community to ask any other questions and share your experience with us!