For a limited time, receive a free Fodor's Guide to Safe and Healthy Travel e-book with the purchase of this guidebook! Go to fodors.com for details.
Whether you want to explore Ireland's iconic coastal scenery, visit the Cliffs of Moher or the Ring of Kerry, or experience the thriving arts and music scene in Dublin, the local Fodor's travel experts in Ireland are here to help! Fodor's Essential Ireland 2021 with Belfast and Northern Ireland guidebook is packed with maps, carefully curated recommendations, and everything else you need to simplify your trip-planning process and make the most of your time.
This guide is part of Fodor's "Essential" guide series, which has been named as the "Best Travel Guide Series of 2019" by Booklist. This new edition is fully-redesigned with an easy-to-read layout, fresh information, and beautiful color photos.
Fodor's Essential Ireland 2021 travel guide includes:
- AN ILLUSTRATED ULTIMATE EXPERIENCES GUIDE to the top things to see and do
- MULTIPLE ITINERARIES to effectively organize your days and maximize your time
- MORE THAN 30 DETAILED MAPS and a FREE PULL-OUT MAP to help you navigate confidently
- COLOR PHOTOS throughout to spark your wanderlust!
- HONEST RECOMMENDATIONS FROM LOCALS on the best sights, restaurants, hotels, nightlife, shopping, performing arts, activities, side-trips, and more
- PHOTO-FILLED "BEST OF" FEATURES on "Ireland's Top Natural Wonders," "Ireland's Top Castles and Manor Houses," "The Best Historical Sights to Visit in Ireland," "Top Tours," "Best Festivals," and more
- TRIP-PLANNING TOOLS AND PRACTICAL TIPS including when to go, itineraries to make the most of your time, getting around, beating the crowds, and saving time and money
- HISTORICAL AND CULTURAL INSIGHTS providing rich context on the local people, politics, art, architecture, cuisine, music, geography, and more
- SPECIAL FEATURES on "What to Watch and Read Before You Visit," "What to Eat and Drink," and "What to Buy."
- LOCAL WRITERS to help you find the under-the-radar gems
- EXPANDED COVERAGE OF Northern Ireland and Belfast to account for its rising popularity with visitors.
- UP-TO-DATE COVERAGE ON Dublin, Kerry, Clare, Galway, Cork, Belfast, Northern Ireland, the Aran Islands, the Ring of Kerry, The Giants Causeway, the Wild Atlantic Way, Killarney, Connemara, Trinity College, Dublin's museums, the Book of Kells, Dingle, Donegal, Irish Castles and Monasteries, Irish Design, Irish Festivals and events, and more.
Planning on visiting England? Check out Fodor's Essential England, Fodor's London, and Fodor's Essential Great Britain.
*Important note for digital editions: The digital edition of this guide does not contain all the images or text included in the physical edition.
ABOUT FODOR'S AUTHORS Each Fodor's Travel Guide is researched and written by local experts. Fodor's has been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years. For more travel inspiration, you can sign up for our travel newsletter at fodors.com/newsletter/signup, or follow us @FodorsTravel on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. We invite you to join our friendly community of travel experts at fodors.com/community to ask any other questions and share your experience with us!