The definitive reference for mastering cerebral bypass procedures
Gold winner in 2014 IBPA Ben Franklin Awards!
A highly-anticipated addition to Thieme's classic color atlas collection, Color Atlas of Cerebral Revascularization focuses on cerebral bypass techniques pioneered by leading surgeons at the world-renowned Barrow Neurological Institute in Phoenix, Arizona. Each procedure is presented with intraoperative photographs and exquisite anatomical illustrations to help surgeons master the complex microsurgical anatomy and subtle surgical technique used in managing the potential onset and condition of stroke and other causes of cerebral ischemia.
- Side-by-side photo and illustration format aids in interpretation of intricate surgical procedures
- More than 1300 figures elucidate clinical cases from the Barrow Neurological Institute and other centers of neurosurgical excellence
- A DVD, featuring more than 30 related surgical cases and narrated by the authors, is included with the book
- Cases illustrate how to successfully achieve revascularization for conditions such as moyamoya disease, recurrent aneurysms after endovascular treatment, giant aneurysms, vertebral artery insufficiency, and severe stenosis
- The vascular anatomy related to each bypass technique is illustrated and described in the sections showcasing the clinical cases treated by the technique
This comprehensive atlas is an ideal reference for practicing neurosurgeons, neurosurgical residents, and interventional neuroradiologists, and it will be a relevant volume in their medical library for years to come.